Monday, June 14, 2010

Mish Mash


There is a lot going on at our house right now.  The kitchen remodel is starting after a great trip to Ikea for countertops and a sink, 2 hours in Home Depot Saturday and then some fun appliance buying today (thanks Sears for your Friends and Family Discount Day!)  Well I guess I mean it started this weekend with these two measuring twice and cutting once.....


Here they are again.  They are gone right now, and I just like to look at them - especially the one with his back to us :)


And then continued with a long discussion on weather they had the dimensions of the new appliances wrong.  So it was decided that they would wait until the appliances had been ordered and shipped to go any farther.  I ordered them today!  It was a fun and scary experience for 2 reasons:  1. I dropped a lot of cash and 2. I tried to use my debit card and forgot we have a daily limit and it got rejected.  I assured the man helping me that there was money in the account and had him run it again and then remembered that we have a daily limit.  And then I felt stupid and gave him my credit card.  I am very happy with our choice to go with Sears and Kenmore appliances, and while doing dishes tonight by hand dreamed of what it will be like when I have a dishwasher.  

In other news, the garden is growing like crazy!  We are well on our way to having friend green tomatoes this weekend.  yummm....I can taste them already!

My hydrangea's are in bloom, and one of my rose bushes put off three flowers already.  Here they are:


I cut them ang brought them in the house so I could enjoy them.  Now I think I have a pest or a disease on  my roses - the leafs are getting eaten by something!  I am going to look into it more tomorrow - I just noticed it this weekend.  

I also started the stripes in my craft room.  I have seen lots of pictures of people who paint stripes on walls, and love it.  Lots of friends have been telling me I am too ambitious, but we'll see when the stripes are finished.  Tonight I only did one wall to see how it would go.  I hope to have the other two done before the weekend.  

Here's a picture of the wall when I got done doing the taping:



The stripes don't have a pattern and I hope it looks random enough.  The walls are white so when I pull the tape off the lines should be white in between.  Here's hoping. 
Taping the stripes took about an hour.  Then I took a break for dinner and camp back to it, and found a storm brewing outside the window.  I checked the Weather App on my phone and it said a really big storm was headed for us and would be over Jasper in 20 minutes.  So I waited, and watched.  What I saw was this:


The most beautiful sunset.  I wish my camera could do it justice.  I don't know how anyone sees something this beautiful and doesn't  think there is a God.  How much proof do you need?  He sure is a master painter.  I hope he gave me a little skill to get my walls painted.  


By the way, it did rain, but there were no destructive winds like they said there would be.  At least not while I was up.  They might be happening right now for all I know.

Anyway, here's the final product for tonight.  It will still need another coat of paint tomorrow and then I'll pull the tape off and post another picture.  I like painting, but the whole not getting it on the ceiling thing is hard.   I know Joe-Joe is going to roll in here later this week and the first thing he is going to say is "You got paint on the ceiling."  He always notices thinks like that.  


So part of me sorta misses the nice clean white walls that I had before.  And part of me loves the fact that I took a blank canvas and changed it.  And part of me just wants it to be finished so I can start sewing.  Long way to go, but hopefully I will have it finished by the time my mom and daddy get here in July.  

I mean, it will be done by July.   It has to.  There isn't a room in our house that hasn't been interruped by our new projects.  All the sewing room stuff is in the spare bedroom and living room, our new dresser displaced the old one and the vanity to other spaces, The new dresser drawers were too swollen from the humidity to fit so they are in the hall, along with all the clothes that came out of the old dresser.  The bed from the sewing room is now in the basement, and the big wonderful new cabinet I bought for the sewing room is taking up space in the garage.  And the plan for the new appliances?  The dining room for now.  

Whew!  this is a long post.  I just had so much to say tonight.  Stay tuned for other news from the Seger house coming soon. 

Praying that you founds something interesting in this post tonight, 

Jen-Jen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!

Post a Comment