Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stripes, Sunsets and Socks


Hello friends again....Two posts in Two days?  How did you get so lucky!  

Lets start with tonights Sunset.  Yes, it sorta looks like last nights, but it struck me with such beauty, I had to take another picture.  How lucky am  I that I live in a place where the sun looks like this as it sets on each day.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow looks like.  


Remember what the garden looked like a few posts ago, heres a reminder:  A big brown block of yard.


Here it is again tonight.  Tomatoes on the right, beans and corn on the left.  All green!


Now on to the stripes:  Heres what it looked like last night when I last left you:


And now: after another coat of paint, and taking the stripes off:  I am really happy with the outcome.  There are a few spots where the paint bled under the tape, but over all it turned out really good!!!  I think if I do all the walls the stripes are going to make the room small and dark, so I am going to do 2 walls.  The other two I'm just going to hang some cutesy art maybe from www.etsy.com ?  


Heres my other project.  The new dresser!  It got a new coat of paint and new hardware and it looks great in our bedroom!


I also painted that mirror on top to go with the dresser.  Doesn't it look like a set?  I wish I would have cleaned it off a bit before I took the picture, but I didn't.  Such is my luck.  


I also got all the drawers to fit.  They had been out in the garage and since its so humid here they were too swollen to fit, so they have been lined up in the hallway just chillin.....and now they fit!  I even sorted and put away all the socks - in two different drawers!  One for his, one for hers.  Now I don't have to dig through 40 pairs of his to find one of hers.  I also matched and folded ALL the socks!!!!  Way to go me - I know Joe-Joe is going to like that one :)  

Next up on the list - figure out what to do with the washer.  Every time I run it, water comes out below it.  I think its leaking.....but I have to do laundry.  I think I might have to go to my mother-in-law's and do some laundry tomorrow.  I refuse to go to the laundry mat - I did enough of that in Chicago!

I hope this is all not to mundane for you all.  I like to blog, but I always feel rushed because I do it at the end of the night.  Maybe when I get my house back together I can make more time to do it.

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they display knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment