Friday, June 18, 2010

Things are a change'n


I could probaby write 5 blog posts tonight if I wanted to.  Heres a photo blog of what I was up to tonight.

(Disclaimer:  I started this Blog post on Thursday but had to end it abruptly when the boys came home.  We then spent a couple of hours drinking a beer and enjoying a beautiful cool evening.

First, I came home and found these.

There is a hay field behind our house, but we moved in last fall and never saw them cut or do anything with it so I thought they might just not do anything with it.  But apparently they do.  These little guys were speckled all over the hillside behind my house.  

Here is the little farmer doing his good works.  NOTE he is doing GOOD works because of the color of his tractor.



Then I spent a bunch of time with this little girl.  My Mother-In-Law's doggie Matti is staying with us too, and when Matti is at our house Dixie doesn't get far from me.  She get jealous of Matti real easy.



Here's Matti-Moo-Moo as I like to call her.  As you can tell, she is a bit older than Dixie, and doesn't put up with her crap very well.  I put them both to bed on my bedroom floor last night and I think Dixie must have been trying to snuggle Matti because there were some loud sharp barks from the big girl.  



Then I started on my next project.  I bought a big cabinet to put in my sewing room, but the paint job on it was horrible to say the least.  Not the color, just the paint.  It still felt tacky, and it was like the roller came off on the cabinet as they were painting so it was almost textured.   So I set out to strip the paint off.  I have never used paint stripper before so I was a little nervous that I would get some on my leg and all my skin would burn off.  That didn't happen, I assure you.  Here's one of the cabinet doors before:



During the paint removal:  It just bubbled up.



And after.  It also worked on taking the stain off, but I didn't realize that right away.



I did the three doors and then felt like the fumes were getting to me a bit so I quit, took a shower so my skin wouldn't burn off and then took a walk up Beck's Hill.  This hill is behind my house where the round bales were today.  I like to check the sunset to see what it is doing (as you can probably tell from my recent posts) and I always think how I would like to climb up the hill and take a picture of the sunset.  Being a farmers daughter, I know better than to walk through someones Hay.  But tonight there was none.  It had just been bailed, so I climbed the hill.  Here is the sunset:



It wasn't near what it has been the last couple of nights, but it still had great coloring.  I wish I could add scratch and sniff to this blog because the smell of the hay was so amazing.  It still lingered this morning when I went to work, but by lunch was gone.  



This one is a little blurry, but here is my house from behind.  I had never stood on this side of the walnut trees.   It was like being on the outside of the window looking in.  Note the little black doggie.  She couldn't climb the hill with me because of her shock collar :(



When I started back I saw these:  WALNUTS!



I am not looking forward to picking all those up in the fall.  

I will leave you tonight, Sweet Reader, with  a little black doggie.  Good night friends.  


PS - Someone left an anonymous comment.  Thank  you, who ever you are!  I love feed back on my blog, but I would love to know who you are so we could converse.  Please feel free to leave comments whenever you want! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment