Sunday, June 20, 2010

You and Me Going Fishing in the Dark.....

Another new Southern Indiana adventure for me last night.  We did a little thing I like to call Frog Gigging.  I have never had frog legs, so there was a chance I wouldn't like them, but I am willing to try most things once.

So at dark last night, Joe, Jonathan and myself headed out to a local watering hole that they know of armed with a fish basket, a little tiny pitchfork (which they boys informed me was called a Gig.  Actually they said, STOP calling it a PITCHFORK, its a GIG!), two mag lights and a little bit of hope. The first frog we saw, Jonathan got a 'bead' on its head, Joe told me to stand really still and keep my light on his eyes.  Apparently thats the key to this game - blinding the frog.

Here I am with my flashlight on this frog, trying to stand still, while my husband creeps around behind the frog with the Pitchfork gig and stabs this poor defenseless creature in the back of the head.  All together we got 9 on the night.

This is the thing:  I stabbed a frog last night.  And I really didn't have as big a problem with it as I thought I would.  Now we are ready to move on to bigger creatures - turtles, squirrels, deer.....by the end of the year I might be hunting bear....you just don't know about me.

On another note, Happy Fathers Day to my Daddy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment