Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers day to all of you out there! Mothers day is a mixed bag for me. I miss my mother, I am thrilled to spend time with my mother-in-law, and today is a constant reminder of my inability to give birth (so far). So I didn't go to church this morning - just couldn't do it. Used some terrible excuse about pants not being ironed, which Joe was seeing right through it. So I had a breakdown, and went back to bed. Got up at 11, called my momma, took a drive with my dog, got a doughnut, came home and sat on the patio, ate the doughnut and planted flowers. For myself. It turned out to be a pretty good day.

Here's a little of what has been happening here in Jasper, at least at my house.


Well Thursday I sorta cut my hand open. Doing dishes. So then I was wandering around the house with my hand wrapped up in a towel trying to get a hold of anyone who might be able to come and drive me to the hospital. Finally my mother in law calls back and we head off for a 2 hour round with the ER. Luckily my favorite doctor was there. And he always makes me feel so comforted - its nice to see a friendly face. So he slides into the room Cosmo Kramer style and said he had to fight three other doctors for my chart. He then stitched me up with three stitches and we were on our way. Here's a picture.



Its doing ok. I am just not used to not doing things with that hand. I keep getting it wet, I keep getting it dirty. It is probably never going to heal.

Then that night my husband came home with this!




Its my new computer! Its a Sony Vaio and i love it. Yep that's my blog on my new computer. I can not promise that I will write more, but I will try :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment