Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Late Night

I'm sitting at the dining room table.  Its 11:15 pm.  And its Wednesday, meaning I have to work in the morning.  Why am I up you ask?  Well, my husband will be home in half hour and sometimes its just easier to wait up for him.  I hate when I get in bed, get comfy, and dose off and then he rolls in, turns on lights, makes me move over (i mean really, why CAN'T I sleep in the middle of the bed?) and then I can't sleep.  And sometime I lay down and just lay there starring at the ceiling.  He has only been gone since yesterday so its probably more of the first example tonight so I am up.

And I'm baking a cake.  Tomorrow is my dear friend Banita's birthday and I can't stand it when someone goes without cake on their big day.  I haven't had a cake on mine in years, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't.  I tried a new recipe.  I wanted to make my favorite cake, but it has sour cream in it and Banita doesn't do dairy, so I looked up a recipe for a non-dairy chocolate cake. I don't know how it's going to be but the  batter tasted wonderful off the spoon.

So here I am listening to a little Lady A on Pandora, baking a cake and blogging.  The dog is laying at my feet sleeping.  And the house smells of chocolate.

Baking a cake at my house poses a problem.  We have this really old stove that came with the house, and when my mom was here in  February, she washed the numbers off the dials.  So its sort of hit or miss on how hot the stove is.  I have a thermometer inside, but every time I open the door it changes drastically, so I have no idea how hot it is.  I just checked and the cake looks beautiful.

Wow, I feel the words are just flowing out of me tonight.  Maybe I should stay up every night and blog.

Back to the stove.  We are getting ready to redo the kitchen.  The cupboards are staying, but there is going to be new counter top, a new island, stove, dishwasher (which we don't have right now), new sink and a built in desk area on one wall of the kitchen.  Joseph drew up the plans for it and I can't wait till its done.  I'm going to have a breaking in the kitchen party.

So the stove has been one of the things that we keep coming to a screeching halt over.  We pick one, and then it has something that I don't like.  Then we pick on and Joseph doesn't like it.  Now we are stuck on whether to get a downdraft or a hood.  Oh well....

Till next time, May God Bless you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment