Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dolphins, Dogs and Drugs

Today I was reading an article that said Dolphins were the smartest mammals in the world besides us. And some scientist wants them treated humanely. I laughed out loud when I read this. Really? You want us to get lawyers for a dolphin when another brushes up against him in the water and he feels violated? We should put them on food stamps when they can't find enough fish to feed their little dolphin babies and give them scholarships to Miami U? Next they are going to say we shouldn't call our professional teams 'the dolphins' because its offensive.

I hate that word humane. If animals were ment to be treated like humans, they would have been humans, not animals.

OK that's probably more of a rant than it was intended to be.

So thinking about the dolphins, I got thinking about my dog, Dixie. She got spayed yesterday, and I brought her home today. She lacked a certain spring in her step. I know that she just had what we would call major surgery, but I felt sorry for her. I wondered if she is going to go through the rest of her life longing the little babies that I denied her. Do dogs and dolphins really have feelings?

So I think I am going to have to take some heavy drugs to get some sleep after allowing these random thoughts to infiltrate my life.

2 comments:

Mrs. Seger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Seger said...

Look, I don't know you. I might, but you didn't sign your name. And this is my blog and my opinion, and we live in a great country where I am allowed to have both.

I treat animals with compassion. I don't like the word humane. That doesn't mean I kick dogs. I have one (dixie) and I love her, and care a great deal about her. thats what part of this post was about.

If you are a Christian, again I don't know who you are because you didn't leave a name, then you know that God created the animals and then man and he ruled over them. Clearly God separated people from animals, and they weren't treated the same. Thats because there is a difference between people and animals.

Thank you also for judging my use of fertility drugs. I appreciate you placing your judgement on me, but I disagree with you. I talk to God and he helps lead me, and I really think he lead me to a great doctor before my great health insurance ran out to run the fertility drugs course and see what happened. And nothing did so we moved on. And now God has lead us to be foster parents.

I am not a supposed Christian woman. I am a Christian woman. And I will get down on my knees right now and pray for you, even though I don't know who you are.

Post a Comment