Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Happenings

We have had a lot going on lately here at the Seger home.  Right now I can here the saw running on the porch as Joseph finishes up the trim on the island.  

Where to start?  Well, we went to camp.  And then we came back.  And then Daddy and Mommy came to visit.  And then they left.  And then we had VBS.  And then it was over.  And we had an anniversary.  

For our 2nd we went to Lexington for the weekend  to stay at the Double tree where we spent our second night at married people.  First stop this time was the Makers Mark Distillery.

Here they are dipping the bottles in hot wax.

They hand dip every bottle.  And every bottle of Makers Mark Bourbon comes out of this one factory, off of one of two lines.


All the buildings were just cute as a button!


Here is my husband standing near the barrels. I am so lucky to have him.


And now.....The kitchen......





Please don't be alarmed at the condition of the island.  All the drawers are sitting out on top of the island, and the sight it alarming!!!!



Ta-Da!  Pay no attention to the man with the nail gun!  I love the dark counter tops, and Joseph did a great job picking out the the stain and matching it to the existing cupboards.  I'm really happy for the outcome!


Here is the new stove!  It actually tells you what the temperature is and holds it!  And the dials have numbers on them!


Dishwasher!  Oh Happy Day!


Here is my new sink.  Yes I got rid of the porcelain one.  Yes I actually do like the stainless steel sink.


The stripes are done.  They do need a little touching up, but I think they turned out great!  It will be a great craft room if I can ever get rid of all the craft stuff so I can use it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment